Author Topic: Correcting giftcard sale payment method doubles amount of giftcard (V13)  (Read 4585 times)

Offline peter@wolftackle.com

• View Profile
Hi Ronald:

It appears that when a cash out of a giftcard is later deleted it does not remove the giftcard balance. When the giftcard is later cashed out to correct the payment method it increases the original amout of the giftcard and the balance.

I simply want to know if this has been addressed in version 14, which I will soon be paying for.

Peter

(If the software does not record the giftcard id in the sales record it could require a giftcard id when deleting the payment method.)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Re: Correcting giftcard sale payment method doubles amount of giftcard (V13)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 07:17:13 AM »
I had the same issues with gift cards on my system, using V13.  Completely messed my drawer up at the end of the night.  A gift card that should have had a zero balance was also being able to be used for an infinite amount of transactions, this was after we did a gift card sale and then voided the sale.  It removed the sale but at the end of the night our drawer was short in cash the gift card amount. And then upon showing an employee how a sale would look if a gift card had a zero balance, the transaction went through and worked on an infinite amount even though it originally had just $25 loaded on to it.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Correcting giftcard sale payment method doubles amount of giftcard (V13)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »
I didn't find any problem.  I created a gift card and used the gift card.  The balance was removed correctly.  The sale was then Voided and the gift card balance was returned correctly.  I was using version 14.