Author Topic: Month Trend report  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Shoeboy

• View Profile
Month Trend report
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:41:11 AM »
I assumed the Month Trend graph in Reports showed monthly sales.  However, when I compared it to our Monthly Sales, the totals are quite different.  For example, last month, net sales before taxes were 78052, after taxes were 87021; yet the Month Trend showed 82191.  We are cash and credit card sales only - no charge accounts.  How is the Month Trend figure calculated?  Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Month Trend report
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:28:44 AM »
It counts all the sales totals for the month, excluding tax and shipping.  It counts all closed transactions even if the sale has not been paid for.

Offline Shoeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:32:50 PM »
What constitutes a "closed transaction"?  What is the difference between a paid and a closed transaction?  All our transactions are paid by cash or credit card.  We have no charge accounts.  I don't know of any other transactions that should be inflating the Month Trend figures.  Can you help me understand this?

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 09:00:37 AM »
Using the Finish button will close the sale so that it can't be changed.

Offline Shoeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
OK, we're back to the first question.  We only have over-the-counter sales - every transaction is immediately paid by cash or credit card.  There are no other type of transactions - no charge accounts.  So why is there a difference between our monthly sales and the Month Trend figures?  We don't "Finish" or "Close" any sale that is not paid.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »
It's a simple figure, it counts all the sale sub-totals for the month, excluding tax and shipping.  Most sales reports are showing the total with tax and shipping.  This is a trend graph.  It's not intended to be a sales report.