Author Topic: Any way I can be doing this better?  (Read 9523 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Any way I can be doing this better?
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
So I should have shared this last Summer when it happened but I fired a guy because I found out he took a $260 pair of sunglasses and kept pressing the Military Discount button (10% off) until they were basically free.  Is there an option to only allow a cashier the ability to use something once?  If not, you should highly consider it in an update.  You have all this regulation on who can alter merchandise and you can control the keys so you are the only Admin but at the same time an employee could rob you blind by simply pressing a military discount button 100 times until not only are they free but they actually get money back!  It also makes it senseless to have such high security and check and balances when this can be done so easily.  And I live in the World's largest NAVY base so we have to have this discount.  There must be someone I can protect myself from this.  Any type of "use only time" button? 

If not, please consider everything I said.  So much time invested in security and checks and balances but this flaw can get you robbed blind internally unless it's constantly checked.  And with hundreds of transactions daily it's a nightmare to stay on top of it.  Thank you
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Any way I can be doing this better?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 08:14:29 AM »
What is the Military Discount?  Is this a coupon discount you are using?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »
In the current version there is the Sale Discount buttons 1 and 2 that can be programmed for a percentage discount on the whole sale.  It doesn't matter how many times you press the button.  The discount will remain the same.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »
Our Military Discount is for 10% OFF.  It is set up as a "sellable product" using the feature "coupon".  Employees can press it until it's FREE or they even get money back.  And I won't ever notice until I spend time combing through hundreds of transactions.  We use the Military Discount A LOT here.

I haven't ever used these SALE Discount buttons so perhaps that is exactly what I am looking for.  As always, thanks for the awesome help!  I will try it now
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 05:52:44 AM »
By "Current Version" .... do you mean it is available in Version 13?  or just the newest version?

I can't seem to find Sale 1, Sale 2.....

And to clarify, when you say...
In the current version there is the Sale Discount buttons 1 and 2 that can be programmed for a percentage discount on the whole sale.  It doesn't matter how many times you press the button.  The discount will remain the same.

Do you mean that if I set Sale 1 for 10% OFF then even if an employee hits it twenty times it will only take 10% off the original price and not continue to combine the discount?

ie.: On a $100 Sale, it takes $10 off no matter how many times it is pressed and no more than $10?
Correct - Ronald
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:58:43 AM by ronaldrwl »
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 05:57:23 AM »
The Sale Discount function buttons 1 & 2 are new features in version 14

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 06:14:37 AM »
I just downloaded the DEMO ...... and I see that I need this update, lol.

Is there a thread somewhere here in this forum explaining step by step how to take all of my old files, sales reports, inventory ... everything and import it into 14?  What will not import over that I should copy down?  I think I read in another thread security settings? general settings? What about Employee Information and Passwords?

What is the easiest way to upgrade?  Should I download the DEMO on my actual work POS system and then hit the upgrade button?  Will my "KEY" automatically make the program valid since it's on the same system or do I need to try and find my activation key?  Thanks, any help you can provide is appreciated.  I'd like to be fully upgraded in the next hour.  Thank you

I just read ... "all the old sales information will remain with the old system."  So we won't be able to compare this years sales to last years sales?  etc.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:55:55 AM »
Everything transfers except the settings.  The inventory, sales, employees all transfer.  You save two export files to transfer the data.  First you must update your version 13.

Offline rjmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »
Courtright, I kept my v13 intact to be able to have the v13 and v14 versions open side-by-side to get all the options into v14 the same way.  There are a few different areas to go into, but it's really pretty painless that way.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »
Courtright, I kept my v13 intact to be able to have the v13 and v14 versions open side-by-side to get all the options into v14 the same way.  There are a few different areas to go into, but it's really pretty painless that way.
Ahhh, I figured v14 would overwrite the same folder as v13 and you couldn't have both.  That would make it tons easier.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com