Author Topic: Waiter Summary Report Slow  (Read 6950 times)

Offline bluebird23

• View Profile
Waiter Summary Report Slow
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:30:16 PM »
We are running v11..When running the waiter report, it takes several minutes to complete the report and display it. (on server or another pc) While the report is preparing, the progress bar does not show a progress bar at all, just a white box and sometimes says (not responding) but it really is. Is there anyway to speed up the report AND can you customize what you want it to print. Currently we just use the slider bar at the top to close the columns we do not want, but we have to do this every time.. Thanks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Waiter Summary Report Slow
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 04:45:14 AM »
The newer versions of the software are faster and there have been some changes to that report.  You can take a look at the free demo's on our website.  It would cost you $79.99 to Update to the Current version. 

Offline bluebird23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »
Is there a way to set the Waiter report to only show the Waiter and the Total columns only in version 11?  Currently I have to manually hide these columns every time I run the report. Also I do not want to update to v13 if there is really not a vast improvement of speed when generating this report. I looked at the demo and tried to import my current info, but it does not display any sales info so I can not get an exact time on report preparing

Offline bluebird23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
So I was able to connect the demo to the v11 database and ran a waiter report. In the new version it still takes 7-8 minutes to run this report. Is this normal?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 04:31:56 AM »
No, it shouldn't take that long.  Do you have security software on the computer?  Make sure that POS.exe is given full access privileges.  The security software may be scanning every file access ezPower does.  Version 13 is much faster.

Offline bluebird23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:07 PM »
All permissions have been given.. I can now run waiter report from POS server and takes only 1 minute, running from any other system takes 8 minutes. I even took the pos server and 1 other system to 100mbps full duplex and made no difference.. any other ideas?

Offline bluebird23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
ALSO.. I can run a sales report in just a few seconds from any computer, just waiter report is slow

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 04:36:07 AM »
The current full version has optimized more reports including the waiter payment report.  It would only takes seconds on the current full version.