Author Topic: exporting products  (Read 5475 times)

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
exporting products
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:40:15 AM »
When I export products it doesn't export the ENTIRE list. The products in "Search next group" is not included in the list. So you have to list the next group and export that as well. I would like the "next group"  taken out and have 1 whole list.  I would like to know step by step on how to use Excell to change products and be able to import them back into the POS. Excell strips the leading zero's so when put back into the POS none of the products can be scanned. OR if there is another program that will do this.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: exporting products
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »
There is a limit to how many items the list can hold at one time.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 01:39:57 PM »
Why is there limits? Many people use this program for different uses and I can't understand why there is any kind of limits for what we put into the POS? You didn't answer on how to export the Entire list at one time.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 06:10:40 PM »
The software can hold 65,000 items.  But the list in the window has limits on how many items it can hold.  That is beyond our control.  If you want to work with giant lists, I would suggest a spreadsheet like Excel.  Export all the items and sort them with Excel.  Otherwise, you have to click on the "Search next group" each time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:04:55 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline slovatt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 08:58:18 PM »
Your issue with the leading zeros being deleted is because of the way excel handles numbers (numbers dont start with zero) For UPC codes use the excel feature to format the column as a text field and it will then no longer delete the leading zero.

To reimport the spreadsheet you will need to save its as a CSV file (i found that the MS-DOS formated CSV file works best) then on the import screen check the import csv box.

If you dont want to have an issue with list limits then export the entire database and then use excel to sort your data.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:00:22 PM by slovatt »