Author Topic: Report to easily see who sold how many of items in a Category?  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
So, as a sunglass store I have categories such as Oakley, Ray Ban, Maui Jim, etc.  Nearly all of these companies have contests.  So for instance, lets say Oakley has a contest that if you sell 50 Oakleys between June 1st - July 1st then they give you $100.  Every employee logs into the POS for their sales in order to earn commission.  So my question is if I want to see how many Oakleys my employee Jessica has sold between June 1st - July 1st is there a report that would show me this best?  I know I can go into Sales Control and see the past sales for a certain date period but I have to open up every single sale to see who sold what.  And I know I can check under reports (like for commission)  STAFF > PRODUCT for the particular dates but that does not show me quantity sold for each item.  So if my employee sold 3 Oakley straight jackets it just says Straight Jacket and has a total price of $375.  I need to manually break down the $375 to realize she sold 3 of them at $125 each.  Is there any way best for just showing individual number of units sold within a category?  Thanks
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Report to easily see who sold how many of items in a Category?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
Use the report Staff / Products.  It does show you how much was purchased of each item.  The 3rd column shows the quantity sold of that sku.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:13:06 AM »
Gotcha, I will check it out.  I must have always missed that somehow.  I also see if I am looking for just an overall number of units sold within a category if I go STAFF > CATEGORY it tells me overall units sold within that category for each employee during a set time period.  Thank you
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:23:03 AM »
I see it does show up on the screen.  I guess the issue I was having is when I print it out since it is at the end it cuts off qty. sold.  My printer settings won't allow me to "fit to page" when printing, is there any option within the POS software that will allow me to fit it to page when printing?  Or perhaps move the SOLD column over to the left a couple columns?

Thanks
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:17:13 AM »
That report is designed for a regular printer sized sheet of paper.  But you can adjust the columns widths before you print.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 07:08:28 AM »
I am using a standard printer w/ 8.5" x 11" sheets however even when I adjust the column widths manually by sliding them before I print, it always prints exactly the same.  No matter how much I adjust the columns prior to printing.

If I adjust the column widths manually by sliding them, is it supposed to affect the actual print out?  Mine does not.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 05:57:24 AM »
Yes, if you move the column dividers that will adjust the how it's printed!  What's the deal?