Author Topic: Using a Tablet for POS  (Read 5421 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Using a Tablet for POS
« on: October 24, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »
Ronald,

Quickly wanted to ask ... I am looking to add a tablet that can be used as a secondary POS for when the line starts to get too long.  No cash, only credit cards.  How can the tablet hook up to a receipt printer like a Bixolon?

And I have purchased a 2 computer POS package ... what do I need to do so I can use my back of house computer, my cash register computer and then a backup tablet just for busy times?
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using a Tablet for POS
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »
You can use any printer that Windows supports.  Such as a wireless Wi-Fi printer.

I'm not sure what you are asking.  The two computer version of the software uses one computer as the host/server and the other computer connects to the shared database on the host.  You can connect by wi-fi.  There is no using a different database and then backing it up?   I'm not sure I understand but that is not supported.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 06:40:58 PM »
"Quick questions" should be by email.  Emails are monitored all day long.  The forum may only be looked at once a day.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
Do they make receipt printers like the Bixolon SRP350 plus that I bought from you originally that are wireless?  I was almost hoping being able to somehow print to a Bixolon SRP that I already have.  I think I own 4 of them now and have one not being used at all, but was unsure how I can get a tablet to print to a Bixolon receipt printer (so I don't have to buy a new receipt printer).

So, in the last part of my question I was wondering since I have a 2 computer package will I need to upgrade my package because I soon will need 2 computers and 1 tablet to all function together.  So when someone is checked out on the tablet it will remove the inventory stock from the other 2 computers as well.

Hopefully this clarifies, thank you.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 05:39:47 AM »
Yes, we don't sell them but there are Bluetooth and Wi-Fi printers.

For three computers to use the same database you need to upgrade to the Network version.  That will allow you to use up to 8 computers.