Author Topic: Program Hang  (Read 5525 times)

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
Program Hang
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:36:41 AM »
We have had a number of ezpower program hangs recently. One just happened a few minutes ago right after running a credit card (Mercury). It appeared that the credit card transaction finished fine, printed the receipt, but ended with the screen going completely white - same background when bringing up the Sales Window and the pop-up box (Open Sales Window) is asking for a password though there was no pop-up box. Looking at the task manager, the ezpower program is running, no cpu usage, but not way to access anything in it either. I ended up ending the ezpower task and restarted it. The last transaction seems to have completed.

I know that isn't much to go on but do you have any ideas? We are running Version 13.480.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Program Hang
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
This is not something that has been reported.  Did you check the memory usage in the task manager?  ezPower doesn't use much RAM but it's possible the system was out?  Do you restart the program or computer each day?
What's your business name?  We'll send you the current update.

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »
We are Saco River Camping Area. We do not generally restart the computer but usually restart the program each morning. Right now the program is using 20Meg of memory. The computer is running XP and has 2G of RAM. I do not believe it is out of memory but will check later.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
I'm not at all sure whether this is related, but I thought I'd share this.

We had one person that was a little quick to swipe the credit card.  She'd swipe it before the appropriate window was quite open.  It would cause the credit card window to go into the background (behind the program), and gray out the part of the program that was still visible.  We solved this by getting her to slow down a little and wait for the window to open completely.

It's similar when I'm generating reports.  If I'm printing to pdf, for instance, and there's a file already with that name, the program will come up with a "do you want to overwrite existing file" window.  However, that pop-up window stays in the background (behind the program), and the program remains grayed out until it's addressed.

Part of the reason that these were difficult to figure out is because we have the Windows taskbar disappear so it doesn't get in the way of the EZP Sales Window.  When the taskbar is visible, it's easy to see that something is waiting to be done. 

However, I don't recall whether the problem with the credit card window showed anything on the taskbar.  I found that I could just drag the EZP main window off to the side, revealing the credit card pop-up window.

Is it possible that the pop-up boxes referred are hidden behind the rest of EZP?