Author Topic: Few Questions from a Newbie  (Read 7349 times)

Offline rimpy86

• View Profile
Few Questions from a Newbie
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »
Hi,

I seem not to be getting any discount for mix and match for the sub category. I have followed what was written in the post regarding this. I am using 13.733 Pro Version in Australia and it is a General Retail.

I would like to know if there is a way to see how much is owing to suppliers. When I receive goods I enter them through New Purchase Orders and to update inventory I go through receive order. Is there an option that allows us to add the order but put the cost on terms given by the supplier.

When I first started I did not add any cost to the products but I have entered them now when I'll do the reports at the end of the year I would like to know if the cost for those products would also be adjusted or not.

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Few Questions from a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 05:23:09 AM »
Are you checking the discount box for each product that gets the discount?
Receiving the PO will add the order to inventory.  You don't need to use the update inventory.
The PO functions only keep track on the items you order, not the payments to your supplier.
The items you sell have their cost recorded in the sales record.  That value will not change.

Offline rimpy86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »
Hi,

Yes I have checked every single item and still not working.

Also, how do you record Purchase return in the system. For example I buy 20 pairs of shoes and I have to return 5 pieces that are faulty. How do I adjust the stock for that.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:27:21 PM by rimpy86 »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »
I just sent you the current update.  Run that and let me know if that works.

You can use the Products / Adjust Stock directly from the sales screen.  Use the Stock Correction to set the stock level.  Use the Send to Shortage to remove an item that was lost/damaged.

Offline rimpy86

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »
Thanks. That worked like a charm.

I would like to know if there is a way to to have the products listed in an ascending order.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 06:41:02 AM »
Use the Tools / Arrange Product Buttons

Offline rimpy86

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »
That's not what I was looking for. I want to know when you go to Products / Product Control and click the search button that's not in order from lowest to highest. I have gone with the default Item Numbers which is 1,2,3 and so on. Is there a way to have them in that order or not?

Thanks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »
It will only list them in alphabetical order (left to right).

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
Rimpy,

I think you're referring to the Products in Product Control, not the Products in the Sales Window, right?

As far as I know, they will only appear in ascending order by item number within Product Control.  However, you can export them (within Product Control) as a .txt file - under "File", then by either "Export Products" (which will included ALL the details on ALL products) or "Export Products in List" (which is a somewhat abbreviated version, just showing the products that you're looking at). 

From there, you can open the .txt file with Excel, for instance - as a .csv or .xls file.  Once in spreadsheet form, you can put them in any order you want,  by whichever column you want.  As long as do the sorting in Excel correctly, you can do whatever editing you want, then Import the file back into EZP.  It actually works pretty nicely, once you figure out the steps (and are careful).   

I tried for the longest time myself to coordinate the names of Products with the Item #'s, so I could keep some semblance of organization alphabetically.  Before long, though, I had to let go of that, and settled with doing it the above way if I felt I needed to see the list in alpha order badly enough.

Hope that helps.