Author Topic: Inventory Accuracy  (Read 5764 times)

Offline Lee

• View Profile
Inventory Accuracy
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
We have had problems with inventory accuracy:  fewer items on the shelf than the records indicate. 

It has now been ascertained that the quantities are not being decremented when a sale is closed out with the "SNAP" method of payment.  This payment method is enabled on the ManagerControl\Settings\PaymentMethods window and is immediatly under the "Cheque" method.  I believe that it was originally "Food Stamps"...  I changed the terminology to conform with the SNAP program.

The register is running V13.701

So, what can I do to get SNAP sales to decrement the counts properly? 

Again, Thanks for the help,
Lee
Hyampom General Store
ezPower POS Network Ver13.701 - General Retail - Win7 - Bematech MP-4000TH Printer

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:06:54 AM »
We can not verify your test.  I just ran a test and sold items and paid by Food Stamps.  The inventory was correct afterwards. 

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:58:26 PM »
We can not verify your test.  I just ran a test and sold items and paid by Food Stamps.  The inventory was correct afterwards.
This was similar in a way to my issue.  But it couldn't be duplicated on your end as well.  I then ran that test where I created a "Test Product" and tried printing receipts without finishing a sale and it actually changed my inventory levels.  I then went into the Security Settings, changed a plethora of things and the very next time I tried it everything was as it should be.  There something going on that just can't be explained (the perfect adjustment of settings?) but if you work with it it can be fixed.  This was the only big issue I ran into.  I adjusted my security settings and it worked for me.  I no longer can duplicate my inventory levels changing without finishing a sale.  I would say to Lee that I can truly sympathize with the fact that this does actually happen and messes things up but it is fixable.  I am unclear how exactly but try to do what I did.  Go into your Security Setting and make sure everything is just as you want it.  My settings were not strict enough.  I changed probably 15 settings and then I was never able to duplicate my changing inventory levels again and haven't had an issue since.  It's at least a place to start.  Hope that helps.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »
I can't see how the security settings would effect the inventory but I know that if you have the "Service" box checked for a product it won't be removed from inventory.  Check for that.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »
I can't see how the security settings would effect the inventory but I know that if you have the "Service" box checked for a product it won't be removed from inventory.  Check for that.
I completely agree that it is odd, but I was having those issues and was able to adjust inventory levels by hitting print receipt and simply exiting the program to get the sale off the screen, although it was still open.  The ONLY change I made after that was that very night where I decided to tighten up on security.  I changed various security settings and the next morning tried replicating my Test and it no longer worked.  It's now working correctly.  I am still boggled by it but I don't want to mess with anything trying to recreate it now that it is fixed.   ;D

That's just my own case, Lee's case may be entirely different. The checkmark in the "service" box is a good idea on a place to start however since inventory levels are not decreasing.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com