Author Topic: print out a signable receipt  (Read 7074 times)

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
print out a signable receipt
« on: September 07, 2013, 04:54:54 AM »
How do we print out a receipt that customers sign for orders over a certain dollar amount. Is this area people are stealing credit cards and using them at our store. So anything over $50.00 I'm asking the customer to sign the receipt and then check their driver license. As of now the receipt just has the products purchased but no where for a signature.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Re: print out a signable receipt
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 07:06:21 AM »
Just curious, wouldn't your credit card transaction slip have a spot for them to sign?  Unless, I just realized you may be using a built in credit card reader, just the simple black swipe reader.  In that case I understand your dilemma. 

We are having the same issue here with stolen cards.  1 trick they are doing (to make you aware) is taking a stolen credit card, deactivating the magnetic strip and handing it to you to swipe.  You swipe the card but nothing happens, it doesn't read it at all.  They then tell you they have been having issues with it and ask if you can just manually punch the numbers in since it can't read it.  Never do that, that's the trick.  They will then report it as a stolen card and since you manually punched the card numbers in they can tell the card wasn't present for the transaction.  You'll be out your merchandise and the money too.  If they don't have an ID for a purchase over $40 we tell them sorry.  Also, always try to get them to do DEBIT on larger purchases.  A DEBIT transaction is much safer, only the true user will know their password.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:26:02 AM by Courtright »
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 07:07:12 AM »
(continued)
I am unsure if it is even possible to get a place for them to sign the receipt, I'm just a fellow user like you so I don't know 100%.  What you could possibly try is this.  Since you can create your own message under receipt option I think you could create a footer message that has a couple decimal points before it to act as spacing and then lines and then says "Customer Signature", like this:

X____________________
Customer Signature

Problem is it will print on ALL receipts and waste more paper but it is safer in the long run and depends on how many CC transactions over cash you do.  Just an idea if Ronald doesn't know of a way to turn this feature on.  However it seems like that would be a great possible addition in an update.  Having a check markable box under Printer Options to select "Print Customer Signature line on Credit Card Transactions."  That way if they are using the simple black card reader and you select CREDIT at the final pay screen, it would print that customer signature line if you had the box check marked.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 06:36:14 AM »
How are you charging cards?  A charge slip should be provided with a signature line.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:02 AM »
I want to thank the person about the barcode on the back. As of now I am using pccharge with a credit card swipe. I scan the product and then hit the finish button and swipe the credit card. Takes about 5 seconds per transaction. I will try your suggestion about the line for a signature on the receipt.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 05:43:25 AM »
It worked !!! I went to Settings - receipt messages -receipt footer/ terms. The first time I did it I just typed in Customer Signature -space- Then dotted lines. I did a sale and printed out a receipt and the line Customer Signature was right underneath the date. So I went back in and spaced the line customer signature and ran another sale. The printed receipt was just what I wanted. We ask customers if they want a receipt and 99% say no. The only time I print and have the customer sign is when the sale is over $50.00.

Ronald needs to check the spelling of receipt on the footer terms page - he has it spelled both ways - receipt -reciept.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 06:31:51 AM »
It worked !!!
Glad to help, it was just an idea off the top of my head so I'm glad it worked for you. =)
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 09:04:15 AM »
PCCharge has a print option for the receipt or ezPower can print it.  It's been many years since we supported PCCharge so this must be an old version.  To get the slips to print open the Settings / Payment Methods.  Click on PCCharge or Hypercom.  There is an option for Print Receipt Copies.  Enter 1.  Check the option to either have ezPower or PCCharge to print the slip.