Author Topic: Problem in Reports  (Read 4867 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Problem in Reports
« on: September 07, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
I just generated my monthly "Products/Sold Products Detail" for August consignment items, and ran into an issue I haven't seen before.  Many of the Categories do not match the Products.  The Price, Cost and Artist in each Product seem correct, just not the Category.  Plus, most of these mis-matches seem to show Categories that were never associated with the Product. 

I have moved some Categories around this past month, by using the "Change" function.  That's always worked with no problem before.  The dates for the sales where this has happened seem to at least roughly coincide with the time I did the changing - i.e., the mis-matches appear before that time, and they're all correct after it. 

The Product database at present is correct in terms of Products and Categories. 

Is there something like a re-indexing function that I can run?  Something else?

I have the Network version of ezPower POS, v. 13.758, and also ran the most recent update during this time frame.

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in Reports
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »
We sent you a fix for the Change function.  Did this problem show up before or after the update?  Is this something you can reproduce?

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: Problem in Reports
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:20:37 AM »
I'm not sure when it first showed up. 

When I generated the monthly report for July in early August, everything was fine.

I did the version update on August 20, and noticed the "Category" issue after a couple weeks (I don't work with the Product database every day).

I did the "Category" update on about August 28-29. 

When I generate any reports now, it looks like all items after August 30 are correct.  However, even going back to Jan and Feb, it looks like things are mixed up in the same way.  I don't think that's an issue for me, though, as I have all my previously-generated monthly reports saved, and all the category info is transcribed daily into Quickbooks, so is unaffected by this.  But it looks like maybe the version update did something weird?