Author Topic: Another idea for update that would be VERY beneficial *Returns on Z Out*  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
The only thing I have noticed from day 1 that I would have added would be something on the Z out showing returns.  Very similar to how it shows "pay-out."  I don't know if any returns were done unless I go back and check.  If it is at all possible to either have the # of returns done in a day (similar to "Drawer Opened" count") or even just a returns total.  I know that would be very beneficial to anyone in retail.  Because if an employee makes a return on a $10 item I don't know by looking at the Z Out.  If I could glance at it and see Returns I could then check on what was returned.  I look at it every morning to see if anyone used "Pay-out".  This would also save paper so other reports dont have to be printed out.  It could just say:

Returns: $436.50 (dollar amount)

-or-

Returns: 2 (quantity of returns that day)

If it is at all possible it would be a HUGE benefit as I said to anyone in retail.  Thanks for hearing me out and any consideration.

Have a great day Ronald. =)
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I like that idea.  I'll put it on our list.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
WOOHOO!  Possibly you could shoot me an update if you ever add it?  *wink*wink*

But yes, it would be VERY beneficial, would save a LOT of trying to remember to track down if any returns were done.  plus it's a good scare tactic to tell employees all returns are logged and will show up on the end of night Z report.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You can also check the Activity Log for refunded items.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
That is what I have been doing in the meantime.  For me though, everyday is like a sprint.  I'm normally here 10 hours a day running the whole day.  Most days I never get to sit down for even a minute or eat lunch and don't eat dinner til I get home at 8pm.  So many days I forget to check, sometimes a week goes by.  But yes, Activity Log is what I have been doing.  In the morning, I will come in and check the night deposit and look over the closing Z report to see total sales, credit card/cash sales and look for any Pay Outs.  If I could see Returns then I would know to immediately go and check the system.  I think many other retailers would like this option as well.  Employees can be very sneaky unfortunately. 

Thanks for the consideration. =)
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com