Author Topic: My product cost stays at zero on reports no matter the amount I put in.  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Like the title says, My product cost stays at zero on reports no matter the amount I put in.  Now, there are some items that I have by the thousands and I do not want to track inventory levels on them so I have them listed as a "service" so I thought perhaps since it is listed as a service it is not tracking cost.  BUT, I went back and for instance I have:

"1 pair of sunglasses" with a cost of $2.83 each and listed as a service and the total cost shows up on sales reports and gives me profit margins, etc.

with "microfiber cleaning bags" I have a cost of $0.56 each and listed as a service (everything is the same as above) however on the sales reports the cost field shows 0.00.

Any ideas why some items cost are showing up at zero even though I have the appropriate amount in the field?  Thanks for any help. =)
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The reports use Avg Cost.  It's recorded at the time of sale.  Changing the Cost to zero won't effect the Avg Cost that was recorded in a sale.  Since I believe you have been testing different things, you may want to reset your Avg Cost.  Open the Product Control and use the Tools / Set Avg Cost to Cost.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Yup, that seems to have worked.  And yes, I am working the system to be most effective and efficient for me.  It's it a great system, it's just very complex to learn EVERYTHING, which I am wanting to.

But I am spreading the word about your POS system.  Already helped sell 1 in NY and I highly recommend it to another business owner in NY that says she will be getting one from you asap.  I told her best thing about it is the free tech support.  Thanks a million.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com