Author Topic: Returns and Commission?  (Read 5759 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Returns and Commission?
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:42:42 AM »
Hello, perhaps I could not find this in the manual but I have a question dealing with commission and returns.  Let's say "Nathan" sells one item for $100 and gets $5 in commission.  The next day, the customer returns the item and "Jess" does the return.  When the item is returned and the cashier/manager enters the original invoice number and selects "Does not want/restock" does it remove the initial commission from "Nathan's sale"?  I do notice if "Jess" did the return, she gets the $5 commission deducted from her commission, hence the reason we are making a General return number (fake employee) to do returns under.  But I am wondering if when the item is returned if it removes the commission from the initial seller or do I have to track it down and deduct it myself? Thanks!  =)
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Returns and Commission?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
That's a good observation.  We have modified that report to fix this.  I'm sending you an update now.
We also added a Mix-and-Match discount I think you have asked about.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:06 AM »
Can you elaborate further on how it has been fixed?  Will it remove the commission from the initial seller once a product has been returned?

And can you elaborate on the "Mix-and-Match discount" you referred to, actually not sure what this is.  Perhaps it'll come to me once you jog my memory. 

Thank you for the update!  :D
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 05:03:57 AM »
The report Staff / Products correctly handles the commission on returned items now.
The Mix-and-Match Discount allows discounts on assorted items.  Example: Buy 3 of group xyz and Get 25% off.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:04:15 AM »
Nice, thank you. 

**high five**

When I do an install of a new update, can I just install it or do I need to remove the original copy on the hard drive?  I have been just installing it thinking it will overwrite previous files, correct?
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
You only need to run the install.