Author Topic: Can I pre-set % discounts?  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Can I pre-set % discounts?
« on: May 16, 2013, 07:53:09 AM »
Hello again,

As of now, my employees have the ability to go into % discount and adjust the % off for merchandise.  Although this is helpful for military discounts or offering to pay someones tax I am uneasy knowing they can ring up an item and then put in 100% discount and basically it's free to them or their buddies.

Can I make it so they only have two % OFF choices?  Like 5% off to pay for tax or 10% off for military discount?  Please let me know if that is possible and how to go about doing that.  Thank you.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I pre-set % discounts?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:54:31 AM »
Yes, create a Coupon% product.  Change the Sell to Coupon%.  Put 10 in the Retail price for a 10% discount.  You can read more about it in the Help Document.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
Great!  I just did it and it works fine.  However, I noticed in theory they could just keep hitting the discount button until the item is FREE.  Is there any way to prevent this?

For instance, an employee hits 10% off ten times, now it's FREE.  Any suggestions? 
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
One options is the use the password option.  This requires the Managers p/w to sell a product.  In the Product Edit window click on Options.  Now select "Password To Sell".