Author Topic: Have question about refund and why my drawer is off by that same amount?  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Hello,

Today I did my first ever refund.  The customer has their receipt, so I hit the refund button and entered the receipt number.  First off, what a great refund system.  I was able to select the item she no longer wanted and return just that 1 item from the receipt, brilliant.  So, it added the item to inventory and did a refund for $187.95.  At the end of the night we did a Z report.  When doing a credit card settlement, the total was $707.60, it showed a refund of $187.95 and the grand total was $519.65 for credit card total.  We put into the Z Report $519.65 (the amount after the $187.95 refund) and the printed Z report said we had an error of -187.95.  I don't get how that is possible?  Is it just showing the refund then?  It seems as if it is saying we are still $187.95 short, even after we already took out the $187.95 from the credit card overall total.

I am not at the store to see myself, my manager called in with the news.  Any ideas?

Even if we have a refund to a credit card, should we still put in the GRAND total from the credit card settlement?  In this case $707.60?  If so, there would have been a zero error.  But does the refund then show up on the printed Z report.  Thanks for any insight.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:49:22 AM by Courtright »
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The error message is based on what you enter for the Actual credit card batch amount.  If you batch out your credit card machine it shows how much was charged.  You enter that amount into the z-out window.  If the amount you enter is not the same as the amount recorded by the software, that is the Error amount reported.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Actually, I realized the error was completely on my part.  I refunded the product and chose CASH and then I remember afterwards they wanted it back on their card instead.  So, the report said we were short on credit card but over on cash (by the same amount).  Didn't realize the error until the next day when I was at the store.  Completely user error, sorry about that!  :-[
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com