Author Topic: Possible to hide inventory from search function when stock on hand reaches zero?  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Title says it all.  I know you can hide items from a search.  But we are using the "F7 Find Product" search key for instance when a customer comes in and says "Do you have the Oakley Blender Signature Series Sunglasses in Tortoise Brown"  (Instead of going to the case and trying to find it in the sea of glasses in front of us, we can search and it will tell us if we have any "Blender" style Oakleys at all and the color, etc.  However if we currently have zero of them on hand, because we sold one yesterday, it will of course still show it in the search since it is in the system.  And I don't want employees having access to product control when I am not here so their only option is "F7 Find Product" to search by style or color, etc.

I know it's a pretty detailed question but I would rather ask and hope that there is a way, if not we can still get by.  And loving the software more and more each day. =)
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There is the "Out-Stock-Hold" which won't let you sell a out of stock product.  The idea of hiding an item when its out sounds good but inventories are notorious for being inaccurate.  It something we removed a decade ago.  What you can do is use the Check Stock function to see if it's out.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:02:53 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Gotcha, thanks a lot.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com