Author Topic: Stocktake  (Read 6011 times)

Offline Psychochilli

• View Profile
Stocktake
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »
Hi. I'm looking to do a full stocktake using a scanner that will produce a file with a barcodes scanned list.
Our store is opening soon and while I've got all our product details loaded up I need to get our opening stock levels in.
e.g.
Barcode, Qty
Barcode, Qty

or (assuming Qty=1 for each line)
Barcode
Barcode

I've had a look in the Stock Adjust section but can't work out how to load it up.
Any help appreciated in how best to sort this out.

Thanks,
Stef

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stocktake
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:46:47 AM »
From the help document:
Adjust Stock

Inventory adjustment window. Build a list of products that one of these functions can execut:

1) Receive Stock - add to stock levels.

2) Transfer Stock - remove stock from this location and transfer it to another location by saving a change file.

3) Send to Shortage - remove stock and add to shortage list. This is for stolen, missing, broken or unusable stock.

4) Stock Correction - count stock and set the current stock levels.

Scan product into the list or use the Find button. With the "1 per Scan" box checked each scan will add 1 to the stock count.

The Add button can be used to add any amount to inventory. For example if you receive a case of 144 items, uncheck the "1 per Scan" box. Scan or Find the product. Enter 144 in the Add box and press the Add button.

Once all the products have been added to the list use one of the four functions.

Basically scan the items in the Stock Adjust window and press the add button (Add Stock from list).

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 05:53:17 AM »
Hello (different user here than the OP).  Adding on to that, lets say just for easy math I have only 10 items I am selling that are all in the POS with their own unique barcode.  I get a new order in and I add them to the inventory as you listed above however there is a new item with a new barcode.  Now my employees may not be able to distinguish that this is a new item with a new barcode not yet in the database.  If they try and scan the barcode and add it to stock, what will happen?  And will it alert them it is not in the database so they could be a new "Product" for it with all the correct information (ie.: price, name, barcode, etc.)? 

Or is there a better way for us to check for new barcodes on new shipments that may not be in the system.  The thing is we will get a shipment in of perhaps 10,000 sunglasses!  They all look somewhat alike so it is hard to know if it is already in the system or a new style that just came out.

Thanks for the help as always! =)
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:16 AM »
If you are using the Adjust Stock window to add inventory and it's a new item, press the Find button and use the New button (green plus).  This will allow you to add the item to the database.  Is this what you are looking for?

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:01:20 AM »
Actually yes, I see now if I hit "FIND" the green plus icon is over there to add it if the SKU did not come up.  Thanks a bunch.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com