Author Topic: Taxes Included  (Read 4938 times)

Offline jcmore

• View Profile
Taxes Included
« on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
Hi...in our store we sell liquor with tax included which is common practice in the province of BC, Canada. However, on the receipt we are required to show which taxes are included and at what percentage. There is an option in the tax and precison settings to set 'tax included' which does the trick but unfortunatley, that setting appies to all items in our product list and we don't just sell liquor. Everything else in the store is 'tax added' . Is there a way to show that tax is included on some items(i.e Liquor) and not all items? Alternatively, if I could simply add a statement to the liquor receipts, that would be fine as well but I can't see a way to do that. Can you help?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes Included
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:05:42 AM »
I've not incountered that before where a customer uses both tax formats.  The software can't use them both at the same time.

Offline jcmore

• View Profile
Re: Taxes Included
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:06:46 AM »
Thank you for the reply Ronald. Surprising that this has not come up before. Maybe you could consider adding an option in the product edit page to allow for this in future releases? Just a thought.
In the meantime, I think I found a way to solve the problem. I simply created a modifier with no price but with a description of ' Taxes are included in the price of this product' . This prints on the receipt and should suffice. Thanks, John