Author Topic: Kitchen Monitor  (Read 6921 times)

Offline jafo

• View Profile
Kitchen Monitor
« on: November 09, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
I am running ezPower POS 13 and we would like to have the kitchen monitor work with the kitchen printer.  Is this possible?  Also, we just started getting the z-out from one printer mixed with strange characters and upside down.  Not sure if this is because we are using a Windows 7 machine with Windows XP (drivers could be different) or if there is something withint the last update that yiou sent.

Thanks,

Shawn

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kitchen Monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »
Yes, to use a printer from any of the stations open the Mangers window from that station.  Use the File / Choose Receipt Printer or File / Choose Kitchen Printer.

It sounds like you have the wrong driver for that printer.  Open the Windows Control Panel and Devices and Printers.  Use the Add Printer to install the correct driver.

Offline jafo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:37:34 AM »
Thank you for the reply. I may not be understanding you but I want the orders to go to both a kitchen printer (which is hooked up to a file server) and to the kitchen monitor. If I select send order to kitchen monitor instead of printer, will it still print?  Should I set the printer for kitchen to a different printer number and change where it prints in each product?

I updated the print driver and so far it appears to work.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:11:01 AM »
You have to use either the kitchen printer or kitchen monitor.  Not both.  When it prints to the kitchen all the items are marked as cooked.  Or, if you use the kitchen monitor the items are not marked cooked until they are checked off as cooked.

Offline jcmore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
Hi, I am playing with the Restaurant demo. I plan on using a single till with a touch screen monitor for the servers and a monitor in the kitchen for the preparers. I can't figure out how to set this up so that both monitors can be active at the same time. I want the till monitor to be active on the 'Sales' function and the kitchen monitor to be active on the 'Kitchen monitor' function. I've gone thru the help documentation and there is clear instructions on kitchen printer but very little on kitchen monitor. Can someone please tell me how to do this?...thanks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:34:06 PM »
Each monitor needs a computer or it will just show the same image.  To use the kitchen monitors you need a computer at each station and a computer in the kitchen using the Network version of the software.

Offline jcmore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 08:53:24 AM »
Thank You