Author Topic: Customer Returns with Discounts  (Read 4634 times)

Offline andys

• View Profile
Customer Returns with Discounts
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »
Riverbend General Store N/W Ver 11.580

(Thanks for previous info on restoring field names.)

When a customer returns an item that they originally received a discount on, the return does not give back the full amount. i.e.
Sale is $27.99, less 10% discount ($2.80), subtotal $25.19, 5% tax ($1.26), Total $26.45.

When the return is done, in the return window, the above info is shown. But when this is processed, the return shows as
-$24.41, subtotal -$24.41, 5% tax (-$1.22), total ($25.65)

I don't understand where the differences are originating from.

(In this instance the above are cash sales rounded to $0.05, but I have had these discrepancies before rounding cash sale settings)

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Returns with Discounts
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:50:54 AM »
This is a version that is about 3 years old but as I remember when you return an item that was given a discount and an additional discount on the whole sale was given, the software returns the least amount.  On cases with mulitple discounts you'll have to check that you are giving the amount back you want.  I'm not sure if this is your case but I remember this being an issue.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:53:49 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline andys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
There seems to be something to what you say, but I'm not sure what.
I tried this again using just a line item discount, and when processing the return, the full amount is refunded. In the original scenario, it was a discount on the the entire sale, although there was no additional line item discount. I guess if I can't figure this out we'll just have to apply line discounts only.

Is there a listing of what changes/options and/or prices are available in newer network versions of the software? Is there a demo model available?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »
The "Update to Current Version" is $79.99.  There are demo's on our website:
http://www.denverresearch.com/POS/download.shtml