Author Topic: Customer Name Required for Product Sale  (Read 7612 times)

Offline PRTek

• View Profile
    • Puerto Rico Technical Diving
Customer Name Required for Product Sale
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
Is there a way to require a customer name for a single product that is sold (not rented)?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Name Required for Product Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »
You can put a message in the Prompt field "Requires Customer Name".  This will remind the cashier to get the name for this product.

Offline abcafe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
Ron,

I'm not sure, but I think this is what we're also looking for in our quick service restaurant.  I'm looking for the feature you see it a lot -- the cashier enters the order and asks for my name.  I say "Greg", which they type into the order.  This appears on the receipt which I get, AND it goes on the kitchen ticket.   When the order's up, they call out my name to come to the counter for pick-up OR they walk out in the dining room with the tray, calling my name.

I don't want to enter a name each product, just per ticket.  Is that what the above will do?

If so, I don't see where to access the "Prompt field" for Requires Customer Name"

Thanks

Offline abcafe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »
I tried using "Name Tag".   I entered the name into the sale, but it did not print on the receipt/kitchen slip.

Also entered a name in the "Payment Info" box that appears after payment is tendered.  Also, name did not print

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
Did you check the Print Customer Address option in the Settings / Printer Options?

Offline abcafe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »
Ron, this worked....but only on my dev PC.   When I implemented it on my production cash register in the the store, name did not print.   Really left me scratching my head.

Then I thought could it be the POS version?   I find they are different.  On my dev PC at home where this works, I'm running version 13.499, 9/5/11.  In the store, v 13.591, 10/16/2012.   Really odd that a newer version in the store wouldn't do what my dev PC at home can.

I even went so far as to completely close ezPower and restart it, but no-go, though my printer settings remain checked.   What do you suggest?

So close to a solution!   :)

Greg

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 07:04:04 AM »
I just tried with the current version:

1 - Check "Print Customer Address".
2 - Enter a customers name in the Name Tag.
3 - Finish sale and print customer receipt.

I'll send you a copy of the current version.

Offline abcafe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »
Rock and roll, Ron!  It is working now.   

Thanks very much for the update.

BTW, I tried the new version out on Win7 and on my Linuxmint v13 PC. ezPOS runs on Linux, unlike my early testing of the program v12 (?) which I could not get to run on Linux (with WINE).   Linux heads will know what WINE is.

This program continues to amaze me with its features and flexibility, and your responsiveness.

You are a huge help to this small business!