Author Topic: Transaction zeroed out  (Read 6975 times)

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
Transaction zeroed out
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »
I had a strange problem today. We have two cash registers running ezpower. One was over by $10 at the end of the day and it appeared to be because one transaction showed up as zero. I had the receipt with the receipt number and all looked well there ($10 charge, $20 given, $10 in change). But the receipt record when we reconciled the drawer showed zero (no charges).

Interesting also was the time stamp on the record in the sales window. The receipt showed 4:28pm while the record in the sales window showed 4:45pm and a different cashier (who was on the other cash register).

So what could cause this? I'm guessing that the other cashier somehow voided the sale. Would that update the time stamp on the sale and change the cashier name?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Transaction zeroed out
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:34 AM »
Look at the activity log.  Search by the Record#.  It will show all the activity for that sale.

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »
AH... I've never used the activity log. It was a void on the other register! Thank you very much!!!

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »
Is there a way to see the details of the activity prior to a void closed sale?

I'm also having trouble understanding the following sequence in the log with the same record number:
Void Closed Sale
Finish Sale
Payouts
Open Drawer
Open Drawer

I was there for the open, open, payout, finish which all have the same record number. I have the payout slip but there is no record number printed on it though the time stamp matches. What would the "Void Closed Sale" do to a payout? I still see a payout on the "Daily Reconciliation" report.

I assume given the above sequence that a record number is applied to all operations until a finish sale or equivalent happens.

This activity log is really useful!!!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:51:29 AM »
The Payout and Void Sale are not related.  The Record# of the sale being viewed is recorded when a Open Drawer, Payout or anything is performed.

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »
Is there any way to recover the details of a voided sale?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 06:52:17 AM »
The only remaining information about a voided sale is in the Activity Log.