Author Topic: Receive Order Problem  (Read 8338 times)

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
Receive Order Problem
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
When I receive an order the stock is not being updated in the products list.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Receive Order Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
The Back Order field is the only amount not Recieved (added to inventory) after using the Save button.  If you do use the Back Order field the next time you Receive and Save the PO only the newly recieved amount will be added to inventory.

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:15:34 PM »
I am not using the backorder field, nothing is listed as backordered, everything is listed as received after save, but inventory is not updated. I am not changing the order after it is created.

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 02:19:11 AM »
Buisness Name: VaporPhoxxe

The order was generated using the new purchase order function, only in stock items were orderd, the entire order arrived with no backorders, order was received with the receive order function and nothing was updated in the inventory. This order consisted of some 60 items that I need to get into stock and I have another order coming today with another 60 items. This is rapidly turning into a disaster and needs to be resolved. The only saving grace is that the store is only open Fri. - Sun. and I (we) have 36 hours to un-screw this.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 07:09:03 AM »
All my testing show no problem.  Can you email us your database?  It's the "ezp" folder.  Open the Help window and click on the Database button.  A window will open.  Zip the ezp folder and email it to support@denverresearch.com

Offline Martybwb

• View Profile
Receive Order not updating inventory
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
I see other people have had this problem but I do not see where they have been fixed. When I receive an order the Purchase order is marked as received in the find Purchase order menu but when the PO is pulled up nothing shows as received and the inventory is not updated it does not seem to matter which Purchase order I try to receive or if I enter back-orders or not the items are not counted into inventory. this is a real bad problem and makes the program pretty useless as far as inventory control goes, I am back to using paper and spread sheets until I can get this fixed.
I am using Ver 13  company is GoBooth, LLC Embroidery
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:13:13 PM by Martybwb »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 04:07:38 AM »
I never heard back from VaporPhoxxe.  I assume they figured it out.  One possible reason the inventory is not being added is the Service Option.  If the Service Option is checked then there is no inventory quantity.  I wish new users would send us an updates after figuring out their problem.

Most new users have problems with the Purchase Order functions because the Ordering information is not filled out for their products.  Open a product in the Edit window and click on the Ordering tab.  Enter the Order Point, Order Quantity and Vendor information.  With this information you can build a Purchase Order in seconds.

Offline Martybwb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 06:24:27 AM »
I did not have any problem generating the Purchase orders, that all worked great. The problem is with receiving the PO it does not update the inventory. And you cannot go back and un receive anything so if you make a mistake you are screwed. I know the answer to this is dont save until you are sure it is right, but I really think there should be a way to undo errors and unmark something as received expecially since it did not receive anything really.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 04:39:03 AM »
I finally got valid copy of your files.  When I create a new PO and receive it everything works perfect.  All the PO's that came with your files were created on June 4 and they all have invalid product ID's (not connected to a product in the database).  The only explanation that I have is the products in the database were deleted and reentered after June 4 when the PO's were created.  And that procedure would disconnect the PO products from the current products.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:42:20 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 04:54:41 AM »
This explains to me how this can happen after spending a lot of time exploring the PO functions.  Products are identified by a internal serial#, not the item# or description.  If a product is deleted and then recreated with all the same information it will still have a different serial#.  This may be something we can improve in the next version.