Author Topic: Add-ons  (Read 7261 times)

Offline gb

• View Profile
Add-ons
« on: August 22, 2011, 03:56:22 AM »
Hi I need some help with the Add-ons. I don't know if you are familiar with marketing avenues like Groupon. But we have a deal with a similiar website. We have a deal where they pay xx, I need to keep track of stock and per a voucher they can select 4 items. I have roughly 16 pizzas and 23 soft drinks that the customer can choose ... However there is a limit to how many of these add-ons I can select for this promotion in thew software. ALSO, I do not have the option on this add-on that we can select the same item twice, three or even 4 times (we have a limit of 4 selections)... Any ideas?

Sarah

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Add-ons
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:13:29 AM »
Not sure I understand everything.  You can limit the number of Add-ons by using setting "Max Choices" in the Add-on window.  This will restrict the number of add-ons that can be used at one time.  There is also a "Free Choices".  This allows x number of selections to be free and the extras choices to be charged.
Do you want to know how many times a customer uses a coupon?  The software doesn't do that.

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »
The deal is any 2 pizzas and either 2 glasses of wine or 2 soft drinks. I have 16 pizzas and 23 options for soft drinks. The add-on function for this deal only allows to populate the adds-on up until 32 items. I have 39 items I need to be able to be selected in the add-ons section... That is my problem! Can we increase this?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »
You don't need more selections.  Create the base product Pizza Special.  Check the "Link" option.  Add two Add-ons "Pizza Selection" and "Drink Selection".  In the Pizza Select put all the pizza add-ons.  In the Drink Selection put all the drink selections.  So it will look like this.

Pizza Special ( use Link, and add-ons: Pizza Selection, Drink Selection).
  ->  Pizza Selection (add all the pizza as add-ons)
  ->  Drink Selection (add al the drinks as add-ons)

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:06:55 AM »
I thought that might be the solution but how do I create these two categories and have them visible in the add-on's?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:16:48 AM »
Those are all products.  Create the base product "Pizza Special".  Creat two holder products "Pizza Selection" and "Drink Selection".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:29:13 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 03:17:30 AM »
Thanks that worked...