Author Topic: Remote reports  (Read 4897 times)

Offline aryaissac

• View Profile
Remote reports
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »
Hi
I have set the remote report in our stores, it's set to send email of our activity at 1700. But sometimes it sends it around 1729, sometimes sharp on time and sometimes it never arrives.

I have done this on two stores and they both have two separate Internet connections.
Yesterday I noticed again both computers didn't send the report at all, we had to send it manually.
We don't turn off the computer till after 1730. So POS has that 30 minutes gap to send this report basically.

Any suggestions.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote reports
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
The auto-email is a little weak if the email fails to send.  It doesn't know that the email has failed.  So, it doesn't try again.  If the internet connection fails or something else blocks the email, it's not going to get sent.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:06:38 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline aryaissac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »
Well it happened two days in a row, I don't think its the internet, it can't be happening two days in a row.
yesterday in one shop I pressed send Email Report manually from the menu (today I got the report automatically).
the other shop however I didn't do anything hoping it will send the email today (this shop didn't send the report).

I think the setting needs to be saved again, maybe the setting gets disturbed by something else, and it forgets it needs to send email at certain time.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »
Try setting the time to late at night.