Author Topic: Mercury Response Timeout  (Read 5602 times)

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
Mercury Response Timeout
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:34:04 AM »
I think you must expose in ezPower the value for the Mercury Response Timeout. The default is 300 seconds which for us is way too long. It can handle values from 60-3900 seconds. We used to be able to get away with 120 seconds. It used to be exposed for the PCCharge interface.

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
Re: Mercury Response Timeout
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 05:19:17 AM »
We appear to be running into this issue now. We'll run a credit card and it will hang the POS window for 10 minutes or more. We really need to be able to reduce this timeout value! As my previous message indicated we were able to get away with a 2 minute timeout with PCCharge. I'd like to see this timeout parameter exposed in the user interface or at least reduced from whatever it is currently set to.

This crosses into the potential for a duplicate transaction area. Right now we have to check Mercury to make sure the card didn't process before doing anything. I suppose that would not change but I see a potential for the following to occur: Cashier runs credit card; Transaction hangs; Timeout breaks the hang; Cashier runs Credit Card again. If the first attempt to process the credit card got through to Mercury but didn't make it back, thus causing the hang, the second one will cause a duplicate transaction to be flagged - which is currently an error condition in POS.

So far on all of these hangs, the transaction has not gone through.

Steve.

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
Re: Mercury Response Timeout
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »
This is becoming a regular occurrence. At least once a day for the last few days a CC charge comes up with the data entry window, we swipe the card, all fields get populated in the form, and then the program hangs indefinitely - meaning we're not waiting forever to see if there is a timeout. Something is causing a CC transaction to stall out.

In all of these situations, the CC charge has not appeared at Mercury - indicating that the connection/transaction never made it to the Mercury server.

How long does the system wait for the initial response to a CC request.