Author Topic: Rental and Selling  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Sagebooks

• View Profile
Rental and Selling
« on: May 20, 2011, 12:36:04 PM »
I have EZ power POS 13 for bookstores. I would like all of my books to have the option of being sold or rented. I tested it with one of the books. It has a used price of $10.00 and I set the rental price at $3.00. When I pull up the product in the sales window, it only pulls up the rental price. How can I make it give me the option of one or the other? Also if I do rent the object is there any way to require customer info at the sale screen?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rental and Selling
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 07:23:51 AM »
All you have to do is put in a selling price in the Retail field and enter a Rental price.  The software will ask the cashier which it being done at the time of sale.

Offline Sagebooks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »
I messed around with it some more and I found that the system only asks if it is a rental or not on New books but not used. I have alot of slightly used books that I would like to rent out. How can I set it up to ask for Rental or Selling on New and Used books?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:31:58 PM »
There are six price fields.   It looks for a price in the first field (Retail) and the Rental price.  Is there a price in the Retail field? 

Offline Sagebooks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 01:55:29 PM »
Not all of them have a price in the first field. I consider that the New Price and not all the books are new. I have them priced in new or used for organization purposes and I selected the price prompt 1-6 for sales. What I need is for the system to ask if the item is a rental or sale then price prompt.

Also once the option for rental is selected is there any way to input customer information there or do I just already have a customer selected in the sale?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 05:01:59 AM »
The software will ask for the customer information if you select a rental at the payment time.
You'll need a new book price to trigger a selling option.