Author Topic: Voiding a credit card sale  (Read 8923 times)

Offline LindaH

• View Profile
Voiding a credit card sale
« on: May 03, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
We recently upgraded to the POS13 version and I have encountered an issue with trying to void out a credit card sale.  In the past, we would click on the "Find Sale" button, enter the record # and search for the sale. The sale displays on the screen, you go to "Sales" "Void this Sale" and the void would occur.  Now, instead of the void occuring with this sequence of events, I am getting a message of "Select a Finished Sale First".
I was finally able to void out the same sale if I went to the "Find Sale" Screen and scrolled down the list of sales and found the receipt # of the sale I needed and did the "Sales" "Void this Sale".  How can I do the void by using the first scenario?  In other words, I don't have time to manually scroll through all of the sales to find the receipt # I am trying to void.  Thanks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Voiding a credit card sale
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »
You can use the Find Sale or any method to find a sale.  The Void This Sale works on the sale you are viewing in the sales screen.

Offline LindaH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:19:55 AM »
The problem seems to be the use of the "Search" function in the "Find Sale" screen. I am able to actually use the search function, but when I do, I get the "Select a Finished Sale" when I try to void the sale that I searched for.  If I scroll through each sale and find the one I need and open it, I am able to void the sale then. (The same sale I just tried to void using the "Find Sale", "Search" screens.) Shouldn't I be able to use the Find Sale, Search and then Void?  Why do I now have to manually scroll through every sale to find the one I need and then void it?  Any suggestions?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 06:12:05 AM »
You always have to be viewing the sale in the sales window that you want to void.  The message "Select a Finished Sale" first is telling you are viewing a sale that hasn't been Finished (closed).  There is no need to void a sale that hasn't been Finished.

Offline LindaH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 10:04:46 AM »
The following lists the exact procedure to get this to fail:

• Complete a sale with a credit card charge
  • From the sales screen, click on the "Find Sale" icon in the lower right
  • Enter the receipt number of the transaction to void into the "Record Number" field.
  • From here you MUST hit ENTER. Clicking the OK button does nothing but close the window - not obvious
  • The sale shows up in the sales window
  • From the "Sales" drop down, select "Void this sale"
  • The error "Select a finished sale first" is posted.

If you locate this sale in any other manner, the void works. If you follow the list above exactly, it results in an error.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 12:49:27 PM »
OK, I see what you are telling me now.  I'll give that a try.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:26:44 PM »
I tried your procedure and it Voided the sale.  What is your business name?  When did you get v13?  I think you need the last update from around late Jan.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 05:59:39 AM »
Is the sale open in another computer?  Only one computer can edit a sale at a time.

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 05:48:49 AM »
The process outlined is done on one computer. The void is done minutes after the sale. The new version does not change the behavior.