Author Topic: GIFT CARDS  (Read 5608 times)

Offline Bankstown Basketball

• View Profile
GIFT CARDS
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:14 AM »
We are a sporting organisation that gives our members gift vouchers, which they can then redeem as payment (generally part-payment) against fees etc for the next competition.

I have imported our current set of gift vouchers into the EZPos gift card listing, however no customer is listed. Having said that, we do not use the customer function in EZPos (too tricky for our business!).

I've run some dummy purchases and tried to "use" the gift cards, however I've found that EZPos is not asking me for a gift card number or debiting the gift card when I process the purchase. It simply says that there is $x.00 remaining to be paid and then allows for payment by another method (or indeed, another gift card).

Any ideas where I am going wrong here??

Cheers,
Matthew

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GIFT CARDS
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
Gift Cards can be sold at varying amounts, towards future purchases.   After the card is sold it’s used as a payment method.

1) You must have "Unique Numbered Gift Cards" for individual purchase.  There are many businesses that provide this service. The gift cards can be bar-coded or use a magnetic strip.  The information on the card must be a unique number that is terminated by a 'Enter Key' character.

2) Create a new product called "Gift Card" or whatever you want.

3) Check the "Service/Price Prompt " options on the product screen. No "Cost or Tax" should be selected.

4) Change the Sell selection to Gift Card.

5) To sell this service, select the product "Gift Card" in the sales window like a normal purchased item, and use the "Finish" icon as normal to complete.

6) Select the payment option (cash for example) and a prompt will ask you to input the gift card number.  Swipe or scan the gift card.  You can even type the serial# in.

7) The system will continue to track the outstanding balance of all cards.

8 ) As displayed below, reports on purchased gift cards, and outstanding balances through the toolbar under "Accounts".