Author Topic: Card terminal integration?  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Klaus

• View Profile
Card terminal integration?
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:27:08 AM »
Is it possible to integrate a card terminal (ecr)?  We have a Xenta card terminal which reads debit cards (chip), Visa and so on..

This terminal comes with a ecr cable (I think it is rs232 on the pc-end) to integrate it to a pos system..

Best regards,

Klaus.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: Card terminal integration?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »
Klaus,  we just gave up our external card-swiper to start using ChargeItPro, which fully integrates with EZ Power.  It's been working amazingly well.

The only new hardware required was a small magnetic strip reader that connects to the PC via a USB port.  The rest of it is software-driven, and is extremely easy to use.  It was explained to me that a new law regarding credit/debit cards eliminates the need for a PIN pad.

The comparison of processing charges to our former system was very favorable (actually less expensive than our old one), though I haven't had the first month's charges yet.     

I'd recommend it without hesitation.

Bob

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
Hi Bob,

We currently are using Mercury Payment Solutions which integrates seemlessly with EZPower. Did you previously use MPS and switch to ChargeitPro? Does your ChargeitPro application work within the EZpower software?

Bob

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 02:13:10 PM »
Hi Bob,

No, I just started using EZ Power a couple months ago, and was still using my old cc processor, United Bank Card, for the first while.

When I inquired to EZ Power, it sounded like ChargeItPro is currently the only choice, though that may not be the case (I didn't push for alternatives).

Yes, the ChargeItPro works right within the EZP software - you can't tell that it's anything other than EZP doing anything.  You just hit "Finish", "Credit Card", and swipe the card.  That's it, other than grabbing the receipts about 5 seconds later. 

Of course, you can set it (in EZP) to include a couple of prompts if you want, but I decided to turn those off.  And you can also easily enter the cc info manually, in the screen that pops up with the "credit card" function.

The CIP software seems really good, too.  There's a separate program to log into if you want to create reports, see what your charges are for a given time period, see what's been batched or not, send the batch manually if you want, and a lot more.  It's far more information & flexibility than I've had before.

Unless they really surprise me with their charges, I'd highly recommend it to anyone.