Author Topic: New user with some questions.  (Read 6259 times)

Offline cns

• View Profile
New user with some questions.
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:37:49 AM »
Hi, we have just purchased a till system which as far as I’m aware is running the latest version. Before implementing into the shop I have been entering all the required info and setting it up to our needs, playing with demo versions available to get a better understanding. However I have some questions which I hope someone can help with.

If an item is incorrectly selected, is there an easy way to delete it without having to clear the entire sale and restart the transaction again? Having a play around on the demo version selecting the quantity button opens up a box where you entire the quantity and if you put 0 if then asks if you want to delete the item. However on ours if I click the quantity button, instead of asking the quantity it just starts increasing by one? Which setting(s) do I need t change for it to behave the same or provide a quick delete option?

How do I remove not print the quantity of the add-ons , just quantity of product itself? So for example in this instance I have listed the ice cream scoops and then as add-ons all the variety of flavours we offer. On the receipt would it be possible to just list the quantity of the ice cream scoop and not the subsequent add-ons?  I’ve managed to remove the price of the add-ons via the price roll-up option.

How do I remove Receipt number from receipt?

How do I remove subtotal from receipt? Is it possible? I’ve removed the option of the tax being displayed but is there an option to then remove the subtotal which is still being shown, but is exactly the same as the total amount also shown?

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Re: New user with some questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »
I am just a fellow user, not an admin.

I know to delete an item without clearing the sale I simply click on it with the mouse and select delete from the keyboard.  We are using a touch screen but it does help to have a keyboard/mouse as well.  You can delete an individual item without clearing the whole sale that way.

The only control I have noticed over receipt options is in the "Manager Control"  >  Settings  >  Printer Options.  Nothing to hide subtotal, only hide tax amount.  I wouldn't personally want to hide everything.  Customer like to see the breakdown of a total and where their money went, how much to product, how much to tax, etc.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »
I agree 100% with Courtright - well, except that we use the "Item Tools" in the Sales Window to delete an item.  I do want to try the keyboard "delete", though - that sounds better yet! 

(remember, the person logged in has to be given clearance in the Security settings to be able to delete an item)

Offline cns

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »
Thanks for your responses. I currently have a keyboard attached as still int the process of building up the products etc. and the delete key work's very well, however once its finally implemented I was hoping on using just the touch screen itself and therefore lking for a similar option via that. I will test out the 'item tools' option!

With regard to the tax/subtotal, we are a food retailer so the tax breakdown isn't really a requirement thus I would have also would like the subtotal hidden but it seems this isn't possible at the moment.

Is there an option to stop each receipt being numbered when its printed?

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
With regard to numbering, it looks like there can be both a "receipt number" and an "order number" printed on the receipt.  I DID find a way to toggle the "print order number" on and off (in Printer Options), but did not for receipt number.

However, you CAN easily make the font and/or font size nearly illegible, by changing the font settings for Receipt #".

We just ignored the "receipt #" for a long time, but over time it has become a very useful way of identifying transactions for us.