Author Topic: adjust quantity  (Read 5666 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
adjust quantity
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »
This sounds like such a basic question, but here goes:  How do I change the quantity of an item being rung up?

The only way I can presently find is to use the "Edit" function.  That does change the quantity, but on the Z-out report, there's a quantity of "1" assigned, no matter how many were sold. 

In the Help manual, it mentions a "Quantity" button (the one with the spiraling numbers icon) that looks like it's supposed to be in the Functions I can add to that Sales Screen Toolbar - but I see no such function in my list of possibilities.

For now I'm reduced to using the "Duplicate" function for as many items as I'm selling, which is sometimes a little cumbersome.

Thanks for any advice!

Bob

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: adjust quantity
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
In most versions there is a plus button in the top right.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: adjust quantity
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 11:03:05 AM »
Uh oh, I just remembered the option in "General Settings", where I can choose "one item (qty) per line".  It seems that's what toggles back and forth between the "+1/duplicate" function and the "quantity" function in the Sales Window.

It seems that I can de-select the "one item per line", but then I lose some other functionality that I need.  I just need to evaluate which way is preferable.