Author Topic: Printing Reports  (Read 5894 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Printing Reports
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
First, my label printer and receipt printers work just fine for all the usual functions.  And for many of my reports, I use my Acrobat "printer" to make a pdf, and that works great.

However, whenever I've tried printing my "Adjust Stock" reports lately, something seems to go haywire.  I found it first when trying to use my receipt printer for that report - I got multiple pages (a few yards worth), consisting only of the store name heading.  I shut the printer down, rather than wait to see whether it would print something else. 

I've also tried it with the Acrobat printer, and it more or less freezes up while loading all the pages - I've seen it up to as many as 32,000 pages that it says it will print!

Anyway, with whatever printer, EZ POS freezes up and I have to shut it down and loose the entries I've made.  It works fine when I start it up again, but I still can't print the report I need.

Any suggestions?

(by the way, I COULD print the report successfully just a couple weeks ago!)

Thanks!

Bob

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Printing Reports
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
I'll try printing that report tomorrow at work.  But I have to ask, has anything changed since it stopped working?

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »
Well, not that I can think of.  But I've been trying to think of what might have.

What is interesting is that the program says that "if you want to print a copy", to do that before you "transfer list to file" (or "add stock from list" or any of the other choices).  However, the file that it saves is a .txt file that I can print out - or convert to .csv format - and may be what I'd been printing out earlier.  So there is a sort of workaround, it's just a little different than what's suggested.

By the way, I'm not sure what use the "adjust stock" function was intended for, but I'm finding it to be the perfect way to transfer inventory between business locations.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
OK, I think the problem is you can't use your 3" paper receipt printer.  That report is designed for full sheets of paper.