Author Topic: Sales Detail Report  (Read 4706 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Sales Detail Report
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
Hi Ronald,

The Sales Detail Report has been great in generating a report for the day to accompany the export to QB.  There's just one thing I was wondering.

When you select the fields you want to show up in the report, the "Payment" choice is the closest one I can find to Payment Method.  And when the report is generated, that column is titled, "Pay Method".  However, the values that appear are BOTH the "Pay Method" AND the "Total Payment". 

I already have a column chosen for Total Payment, so is there a way to have only the Pay Method itself appear in the Pay Method column?  I was trying to get this into csv format for import to somewhere, and having both values in the column kind of gums things up.

Thanks!

Bob

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sales Detail Report
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:10:20 PM »
The payment description and amount are in that one field for split payments.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 04:41:51 PM »
Oh, I hadn't thought about that aspect.  That makes sense.

Even if you had a separate header for Pay Method alone, you'd still have the issue of how to handle split payments, wouldn't you?  Well, I did just recently learn how to use the "Text to Columns" and  "Concatenate" features in Excel, so I guess I could do that if it becomes important enough.

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:05:26 AM »
We made a change on this report you may like.  Only in sales with multiple payments are the payment amounts included.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
Hey, that works great!  Any kind of split payment, whether it's split entirely at the time of transaction or split between a deposit and final payment, everything is spelled out clearly. 

Thanks, Ronald!

Bob