Author Topic: credit card transactions  (Read 5399 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
credit card transactions
« on: February 04, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
We've had a couple situations now where a credit card transaction has gone through - i.e., shows up in Charge It Pro - but does NOT print a receipt or register as being paid in EZP.

The first time, I just got to hear about it second-hand.  Nothing happened the first time, so the clerk swiped it again and ended up with two charges.  I had the clerk call Charge It Pro and they straightened it out.

This time I got to look at the Sales Window after the first attempt at swiping.  Again, it ended up being recorded in the Charge It Pro client, but in the Sales Window, the transaction shows up as Open (i.e., not paid for).  I "closed" it by just using cash.

Anyway, I'm wondering how this might be prevented.  I hate leaving the clerks with the Charge It Pro login to be able to check whether a charge has really gone through or not.

Thanks!

Bob

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: credit card transactions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
Did it take a long time?  I wonder if ezPower timed out waiting for the reponse.  I'll check with ChargeItPro guys to see if that's possible.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: credit card transactions
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »
It seems that both times this happened, the program kind of "froze", and went into a shadowed/grayed out mode.  The clerk would then close the program, and when the program window closed, the credit card window would be revealed briefly, then close as well.  On re-opening the program, there would be the transaction, unpaid for.

The clerk admitted that she may have been swiping the card before the credit card window was fully open, and is now waiting a bit longer.  We've also decided to reboot the computer every morning on opening.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions on what we could do differently.

Thanks!