Author Topic: Sell a commissionable item and add coupon and remove commission?  (Read 6244 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Sell a commissionable item and add coupon and remove commission?
« on: September 04, 2013, 06:20:06 AM »
I know the title sounds complex, let me explain.

Let's say I have a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses I am selling for $100 that earn 5% commission.  I then offer a promotion to a local big business for 30% off if they use a coupon I give them.  By time I have shipping costs, commission and the discount there is no profit.  So in this rare case, is it possible to sell an item that normally would have 5% commission but have a way so when I scan a 30% off coupon, it removes the commission, or at least negates it?

Perhaps if I make a Product that offers 30% OFF can I do something like make the commission on that 30% OFF Product (negative) -5% to negate the 5% commission of the actual product being sold?  Any ideas on how to achieve what I am looking to do? Thanks

**EDIT** Just tried giving the coupon a negative 5% commission, but that does not remove the commission.  It appears a negative commission is impossible.  Any way you can think of to do what I am trying to do.  Out of the thousands of transaction, hunting down the 30% off sales, then hunting down which employee did what and then removing the commission during Payroll would take A LOT of time, too much to make it worth the headache.  Looking for an automatic system during ring-up to negate it back to zero% commission.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:38:15 AM by Courtright »
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sell a commissionable item and add coupon and remove commission?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »
Using a coupon with a -Commission sounds like a bad idea and my testing shows it wouldn't work.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
Using a coupon with a -Commission sounds like a bad idea and my testing shows it wouldn't work.

Yeah, I later tried and got no result.  Any creative ideas around this?
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:25 AM »
Create a "No Commission" employee and have a policy of "No Commission for items on sale".  Select the No Commission employee on those occasions.

2 cent advice - avoid that large of a discount or just pay the commission.  That would make for better employee relations.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 06:42:17 AM »
2 cent advice - avoid that large of a discount or just pay the commission.  That would make for better employee relations.
Very true, thank you for your help.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com