Author Topic: Reports by Department  (Read 5244 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Reports by Department
« on: October 30, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »
I use the "Category-By Product" a lot, and really like the functionality of it.

I've always been searching for a similar report that would give me "Department-by Category".  I don't need (or want) the individual products sold, just the Category totals. 

Something like the "Category-Summary" comes the closest to giving the data I'm looking for.  It would be about perfect if it was in the same format as most of the other reports.  But that "long, narrow column" format is not easy to use for comparative purposes, and there far too many Categories for the chart to be useful. 

And I know I could get the information from the "Products-Sold Products Detail" by exporting and manipulating the data, but I've been hoping for something quicker.

Is there a report that I'm missing?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Reports by Department
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:14:34 AM »
Did you look at Department Summary?

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 12:23:44 PM »
Yes.  That's a nice compilation of Department totals, but I'm interested in seeing the various Categories within a specific Department. 

E.g., I have a Department of "vases", with Categories of all the various sizes.  I'd like to easily be able to look at that Department and see how all the sizes are doing relative to each other.

I currently go to that level of detail for Quickbooks reports, but am contemplating being more general in QB since EZP is so easy to view that data in. Well, other than for comparing Categories.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 12:42:02 PM »
Your best bet is to design the report of your dreams and send us an example in a Excel type format.  We can give you a quote.  Almost all custom reports cost $49.99.  Right now we are really backed up with work.  But sometimes we sneak a little job like this in between bigger ones.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 12:03:40 PM »
Hey, that sounds great, Ronald!  How did you know I dream about reports?