Author Topic: Sales vs. Products reports  (Read 4541 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Sales vs. Products reports
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »
I'm on v14 network version, and am trying to pin down the best way of exporting sales data from EZP to my accounting software (Xero).  I'm able to do it in .csv format, so that leaves me with a lot of options.

The report that seems to come closest to what I want is the  Products: Sold Products Detail report.  The one drawback in that report, though, is an apparent inability to account for split transactions.  The Pay Method column (brought up with the "Payment Type" option) only displays one of the pay types and only the total sales amount in a split transaction, which leads to a fair amount of manual intevention after the export/import.

But in the Sales: Sales Detail report, the Pay Method column is also available (though by using what's called the "Payment" option), but describes a split transaction perfectly - each pay method is displayed, along with the dollar amount for each.

Being able to clearly show the split transactions almost makes it worth going to the Sales Detail report, but then I'd lose all the other info available in Sold Products Detail - and I've really enjoyed being able to export all of that so easily.  And I'm aware that I could generate both reports for each time period, but it seems that would be a step backward.

So my question is whether it's at all possible to make the Pay Method column the same in each report (i.e., to appear as it does in Sales Detail), or is it intended to vary by report? 

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sales vs. Products reports
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 06:49:59 AM »
I'll check into it.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 08:54:47 AM »
Oh, I think I see why they really can't be the same. 

Where each transaction in the Sales Detail report is represented by only one line (with a second line to show the 2nd payment of the split transaction), in the Sold Products Detail report there are already multiple lines for each transaction (1 for each of the items).  I'd guess that you'd need to somehow assign a specific part of each payment type to each line (product) if I wanted to have the split information there, which I can't imagine it being able to do. 

Oh well.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 09:18:32 AM »
Yes, the reports don't always fit neatly into a easy format.