Author Topic: Product Export in v14  (Read 5347 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Product Export in v14
« on: February 18, 2016, 10:55:13 AM »
So far, I've been able to do simple Product Export in v14 by using the Export List feature under File. Now, though, I want to do a bulk change of the Product information on one of the more obscure options (change to "Service" to no longer track inventory on some items).

In v13, I was able to export quite a detailed spreadsheet of Product data, but in v14 the choices have changed to:

- Export Inventory Basic (I have no clue what to do with that info, and in the words that I do recognize, I can't find anything like "service")

- Export Inventory XML (nothing happens, and I have no idea where any data goes), or

- Export List (which gives me only the columns that are able to appear in the general Products window (which does not include "Service")

In the description of new features for v14, it states "an easier way of exporting product data".  I'm guessing it might be referring to the "Basic" - is there some way of translating that into a normal spreadsheet?

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Product Export in v14
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »
"Service" is in column W of Excel when using the Export List.

Many of the Options like Service have never been a single separate field with the main export.  They are combined with other settings in one field.  The complexities of the database make it difficult to make the vast number of fields and settings available for bulk changes. 

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 11:45:02 AM »
I would add, just in case you're interested.  We had to change the export/import format because the software changes so darn fast that it was getting impossible to maintain a fixed file format like version 13 had.  That is why we had to change to a extensible format like XML uses.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 12:32:28 PM »
That is interesting.  I'm always amazed at how much information you're able to pack into this program.

Am I missing something as to how the xml file is generated?  Is there somewhere like the EZP folder I can find the xml file?