Author Topic: gift cards  (Read 6042 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
gift cards
« on: March 31, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
First, I'm running ezPower Pro, v 13.511. 

I'd like to start using gift cards.  I did a search on gift cards here and found general info on how they work, but I'd like to find how to get them.

Since our credit cards go through ChargeItPro and are integrated into EZP, I thought their gift cards might, too.  But no, it's only a standalone program they have for them.

So is there a gift card that's useable right within EZP?  We been using a paper version with numbers we can use in EZP that's been working, but I'd really like to use a magnetic strip card.

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: gift cards
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:02:17 AM »
You can get cards made that will work just like the "paper versions" you are using now.  All you need is cards with a unique serial#.  Have the card company make the cards with a unique serial# on track#1 followed by a Enter key character.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »
So that's it?  I see there are a number of companies that make such cards - so I just have them printed the way you describe, and I can swipe them and EZP will track the dollar values and everything?

Thanks, Ronald.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:49:58 AM »
Yes, it works without cards also.  You can try it.  Create a gift card product.  Sell it.  Type in a serial# when asked.  Now it can be used as a payment method.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »
Thanks!  Works great!

bob