General Category > ezPower

Printer & Cashdrawers

<< < (2/6) > >>

ronaldrwl:
Open the Settings / Printer Options.  Change the "Roll Width in Inches" setting.  Make it smaller.

Fitzy:
Re TM-T88III Printing Speed.

I changed mine over from Serial to Parallel Port (with an optional EPSON Interface)
and found it is still much slower than the TM-88IV Parallel I have on the other register.

With dip switches set to the optimum settings and printing a JPG logo at the top
it takes 8 seconds to print a 5" long receipt. Changing to 90x90 resolution makes
the logo look terrible and with a small increase in speed so I've made it "all text"
(without logo) and 90x90 then is much faster at a barely acceptable 3 or 4 seconds.

I'll next try fooling with the paper cut & draw opening settings mentioned.

If you have a choice I'd recommend the models IV or V as much better options.

ronaldrwl:
You can increase the baud rate of the printer and the computer port.  That will speed it up a lot.

thecaptive:
Sorry to bother you but after upgrading my software my cashdrawer isn't opening after a sale.  I have a Citizen CT-S300, serial.  I have downloaded an updated driver and installed it.  The printer is printing just fine.  The drawer opens if I click on Open Drawer.  When I looked in the settings the new driver doesn't show up in the drop down list.

Thank you

Craig

ronaldrwl:
Open the Settings / Payment Methods and make sure the Open Drawer check boxes are set.  Also, check the Settings / Printer & Equipment.  It should say Drawer: Open Connected to Printer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version