Author Topic: Import of Inventory on new version  (Read 5008 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Import of Inventory on new version
« on: September 13, 2013, 12:30:58 PM »
I just updated to the new version of ezPower (network) this past month (v. 13.758).  After my experience this morning, I was wondering if I can get some kind of summary of the changes since the previous version.

What I did was export the product file into a spreadsheet, made corrections in discount levels, change all stock quantities to zero (as I've always done, or the inventory will double!), and re-imported the file.

Well, what a shock when my entire inventory was at zero!  Then I remembered that there was a new button in the import function for "add quantities" or something.  I figured everything would work the same as usual if I just left all the new buttons alone, but that's not the case.

Anyway, it's all fixed now and all that, but I'd really like to avoid running into something like this again.  It seems like a list of updates would be the best/easiest way to avoid these surprises in the future. 

(By the way, this change for the inventory quantities is a great idea - I usually forgot to zero the stock numbers before!)

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import of Inventory on new version
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »
Not really.  What did you update from?
There is a import setting for Add to Stock or Set Stock.