Author Topic: Sales Export to Quickbooks  (Read 7919 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Sales Export to Quickbooks
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:34:21 AM »
The Sales Export has been working extremely well, though I'll admit that the transactions have been pretty straightforward so far. 

I did run across one issue lately, though, in that a Layaway was exported as a normal, paid transaction.  I looked at the iif file in Excel, and it looks indistinguishable from the other transactions.  Is this kind of thing just something I need to take care of manually?

Thanks.

bob

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
Re: Sales Export to Quickbooks
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
In the PAYMETH column, it shows "Cash", just like any other cash transaction.

Of course, when we put something on Layaway, we use "Layaway" as the first "form of payment", and then a $0 cash payment to finish it.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:49:44 AM »
Yes, I can send you the file if you'd like to look it over.

I double-checked the transaction in EZP, and it does have a "No" in the "paid" column.  There was no money exchanged - it was done over the phone.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 06:23:42 AM »
I'm not sure what it should be.  This is a "iif" file that is defined by QuickBooks.  We did this for a customer years ago per their instructions.  If you know what it should be we could probably make the change for you.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »
Hi Ronald

I did a trial run with just changing the PAYMETH from "cash" to "layaway", and it seemed to go into QB perfectly.  It behaves like all the other transactions, but with the Payment Method being "layaway", like I'd expect.

Going back a step, I looked in Sales Control, and found that the "cash" Pay Method is what's assigned to the layaway transaction in question.

Maybe we're doing the Layaways incorrectly?  After clicking on Finish, we click on Deposit/Layaway.  A second Pay Method window then comes up, with the balance remaining showing in the top bar and all Pay Methods other than Layaway showing up.  The system pretty much forces you to choose a Pay Method OTHER than Layaway at that point, which gets registered as the official Pay Method for that transaction, even if it's $0.  I can find no way to get the system to show Layaway as a Pay Method in the Sales Reports.

There are times where we take in a deposit, but not always.  Even then, though, the Pay Method shows up only as the form of payment that was used for the deposit, with no indication of "Layaway".

It seems that my problem lies in not being able to truly use Layaway as a Pay Method, rather than needing to change how the iif file is being created.  Could the "Deposit/Layaway" be changed into a Pay Method that WOULD be recognized as such?

Thanks!

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 03:01:35 PM »
Hi Ronald,

I think I figured out something that'll work.

It seems that if I use "Terms" as a Pay Method, it DOES end up being exported in the iif files with "Terms" in the PAYMETH column.  In EZP, it seems that "Terms" does pretty much everything else that "Layaway/Deposit" accomplishes, so I think we'll just switch from one to the other.  As long as something other than Cash, Check or Credit Card shows up, I'll know to do something different with it.

It looks like the iif export is set up so that only a single Pay Method can be exported,  so not only Layaway/Deposit ends up being off, but also things like Split Payments (luckily those are much more rare for us).

So, unless you have some revelation about how to modify the iif export, I think it'll work fine.  it sure is a great feature, though, it's saving me all sorts of time! 

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 06:00:45 AM »
I sent you an update to test split payments and terms with the QuickBooks export.  I don't have QuickBooks so I can't test it.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
Didn't work.  Nuts.  I just don't understand enough about QB.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:58:41 PM »
Well, it seems that the iif system is considered way out of date anyway.  But your iif export does the basics of what I need, so that helps a lot.  Thanks for trying!  Bob

Offline Mark Cumming

• View Profile
    • Print Solutions where you Save.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 09:34:50 PM »
Can you export sales to any other cashbooks program like MYOB ECT.
wOULD THE METHOD BE THE SAME.
Is there a preferred Accounting program to intergrate with?
Thanks
Mark
Tonerfillguy

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 05:54:01 AM »
QuickBooks is the only one we have an export for.