Author Topic: Points catagory errors  (Read 8902 times)

Offline Ches

• View Profile
Points catagory errors
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »
All of our products have a commission value which converts to $$ to our dealers who buy here. So in order to make that # work I have been using the "Points" category as it seemed to work well in adding these up as our dealers buy here.
 I just discovered a problem. The larger valued items (220 to 2000 points) when I enter them via the spread sheet all the numbers change! If I enter 1931 and save it converts to 139.. Why is this? What is wrong and how can we correct this? Ive been paying out the wrong commissions!!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points catagory errors
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 01:48:45 PM »
The customer loyalty points is only intended to work like the Subway sandwich loyalty points.  Buy 10 and get one free.  It's not intended to have large values.  You should use the commission functions.  That is intended to work with dollar amounts.  Or maybe you are doing something different.  But the loyalty points has a maximum value of 255.

Offline Ches

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
Your commission catagory will not work because that is a percentage. Each of the AMSOIL products have a commission value which is set by corporate. At the end of the month we add up the commissions and transfer to the main office where our dealers are paid based on the total commissions earned. The points category is the only "box" if you will which shows on our dealers when we look up their names. (dealers are not employees, they are customers who collect "points" from their product sales.

Is there any way you could modify my program then to work with the higher numbers? That would save me potential hours of work.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
That type of modification is not possible for version 13.  We can try to work out a different solution.  I'm not completely sure I understand your situation yet.  But, can you put they're commission as the cost of an item.  The Supplier field could be used for your dealer names.  Now you can use one of the Supplier reports to view the Cost (commission).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:24:49 PM by ronaldrwl »

Offline Ches

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »
Well that wouldn't work because the commissions earned on the sale would not add up.
 You see our commissions are actually commission credits. Fortunately most of the products are under 150 commission credits so I will just have to make a note when a drum is sold..

Our dealers are just like customers. they are outside buyers who resale. We act as a warehouse to them and the commission credits are a way they can sell at wholesale (little or no mark-up) and then when we send the commission credits (a number) based on their monthly purchases to corporate, they get paid from the corporate office in the form as a sales commission.
Yes, just like a cost, each product also has it's own unique commission value. Unfortunately there is no percentage which we can use as a rule of thumb. But if there was, the commissions only work with employees and not customers.

Offline Ches

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
Actually until a later version or something, it's OK to skip this for now. I did a search through our massive product list and only a small % of products are above 255. On those I will know which ones and can process that manually. Not a problem. I was just hoping there was a simple adjustment.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 04:05:01 AM »
Well that wouldn't work because the commissions earned on the sale would not add up.

The commissions (Cost) would add up.  Use the report Supplier Detail.  This report would give you the total cost (commission) of all items sold by this Supplier (dealer).

Offline shepmech2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »
Wild Bird Store vs13.812 Network
I was reading this post and saw that the max. amount for the points cat. is 255. Does this mean that if I have 40 points given on a product sold and 400 to redeem it that the system will not recognize that?

I take it I should set it up in a way that it gives 1 point for each item and 10 points to redeem so that I stay below the 255 max, correct?

What if the customer chooses not to use points and their total goes above the 255 amount. will their points stop collecting?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
The total can go to 65,000 but the amount of each item is limited to 255.

Offline shepmech2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 05:55:16 AM »
SO to clarify, the limit for the points awarded or the points needed to redeem is limited to 255 in the product edit window?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »
Yes