Author Topic: Trying to understand Low Inventory Settings and Reordering  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Trying to understand Low Inventory Settings and Reordering
« on: September 04, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
Sorry for all the questions, I nearly have everything figured out.

One thing I could use a better explanation of is getting a report when I need to reorder a product who's stock is low.  If I create a product, let's say a notepad.  I give it a price, cost and stock quantity of 20.  I then click on the "Options" Tab and select "Inventory Priority"?  I have this selected for all my main inventory but have never gotten a report, that is part of my next question.  To continue, I then go to the "Ordering" Tab and for Order Point I input 3.  So when I get down from 20 to only 3 left I should be notified correct?  How does this happen?  What report do I check?

Also, some items I want set to zero because I only keep 1 on hand.  Will reaching zero trigger a reorder report, or do I have to input 1 or greater to "turn on" this feature.  ie: leaving it at zero keeps it disabled?

What I would like is as items sell I can go in and get a reorder report so I can go ahead and place my order from what has sold.  Much easier then tracking down what has sold using sales reports.  A reorder report would have just the things I want.

A way on how to correctly be using this would be very helpful.  I looked for it in the HELP.doc but I don't think I found my answer. 

Thanks
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to understand Low Inventory Settings and Reordering
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:26:18 AM »
The Inventory Priority Warning window will list these priority items when they are low.  It's the window on the bottom right of the Managers window.

The Purchase Order window uses the ordering information like Order Point and Order Quantity to help construct an order for your supplier.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 08:04:29 AM »
That helps tremendously.  That should make it a lot easier once I get everything set up.  Thanks again.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 03:32:26 PM »
I have been readjusting all of my items to use the "Inventory Priority Warning" which looks like it will be a big help.  But how can I basically print that list?  I would like to be able to print what I am running low on and need to reorder instead of just seeing it in the "Inventory Priority Warning" box.

Where do I go to have that list generated so I can print it?  Thank you

**EDIT**  I believe I got it figured out.  Manager Control > Products > Check Stock > (check in box) "If Stock Is Below Order Point" > hit Enter.

I see that generates the printable list I am inquiring about.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:42:10 PM by Courtright »
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 05:48:15 AM »
Yes, I think you have got a good method figured out.  The Inventory Priority window was intended for those few items that just can never run out of.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
Yes, I think you have got a good method figured out.  The Inventory Priority window was intended for those few items that just can never run out of.
Gotcha, I fully get it now and am in the swing of things.  I see too that you only need the Inventory Priority Window (like you said) for the very most important things.  What a great system, I love it more and more everyday.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 09:21:26 AM »
Hey, thanks for pointing out that "inventory priority" feature! 

I've been using "low inventory check" a lot over the past year or so, and it's worked great.  Glad you found the right report!

Bob