Author Topic: touchscreen display for restaurants  (Read 6796 times)

Offline Calypso

• View Profile
    • calypsocafe
touchscreen display for restaurants
« on: July 26, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »
hi. I'm new to this so I may not have adequately searched for the answer to this... I am studying this for our 5 cafe locations, and we have it set up in my office with a regular monitor. My manager's concern is that the open order display is small and that it will be difficult to accurately touch the desired order number on the screen. Currently we manually enter the order number to recall it.Is there a way to do it that way? I'm also wondering about clocking in and out, etc. Should we plan on having a keyboard and mouse with the touchscreen? what about for additional stations?
thanks
Allison Wills Brooks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: touchscreen display for restaurants
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:32:50 AM »
I'm not sure which window is the "open order".  The sales window can expand to the size of your monitor.  In the Settings / General use the Maximize option.  You don't need a keyboard for the cashiers to operate but a keyboard is needed to setup the software and does make it easier at times.

Offline Calypso

• View Profile
    • calypsocafe
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:24:42 PM »
I brought all my managers in today, and the problem with the open order listing seems to be a big one. Is there a way to manually enter the order number to call it back up to add items or to finish it? We can have 50 or so orders open at one time, and scrolling down the list to find the correct one is not feasible.
Thanks
Allison Wills Brooks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:39:24 AM »
Press the Find Sale button and enter the sale/ticket number.

Offline Calypso

• View Profile
    • calypsocafe
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:28:53 AM »
ok sorry-- figured that out this morning. When that screen comes up, if they want to digitally enter the order or ticket number, could the onscreen keyboard come up automatically and can we get an onscreen keyboard that is just numeric?

Other not as problematic questions that arose:

is there a way to change the background colors for the category tabs on the product order screen?

is there a way to alert the manager that some employees have not clocked out when they close out
at night to avoid their hours accumulating overnight?

Thanks so much for all your help. My managers have had the same register for over 20 years.... but we are expanding and we have got to upgrade!
Allison Wills Brooks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »
The box right above the OK button is the Onscreen Keyboard button.  It's a full keyboard because some of the search option need one.
The colors can not be changed.
It will not alert them to log out.  But you can log them out the next day and edit the time.