Author Topic: A Report that would possibly ONLY show in stock inventory to print.  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
So for years this has been something I've struggled with and possibly something to consider for a future update.

I have 1,000's of products, some have 0 stock either from being discontinued or waiting for shipments to arrive.  Occasionally we want to print out the inventory on hand for a specific Category to review it. 

We know we can go to Find Product or even Product Control to get a list for a specific CATEGORY however when you print it you can't adjust or hide columns like you can with reports, so many times the important info in the description gets cut off. 

If we go to Reports and print an Inventory list we can get a full list of everything but we will waste 25 pages of paper getting Categories we do not even want.

If there was a Report (sop you could adjust the column widths for printing) where you could show "In Stock" products listed by category then someone could see all of their stock on hand for a particular category.   We need to do this often and I am sure others must as well to review their current inventory when awaiting new releases, etc.

Just an idea for the future
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How about a stock list only?  It's designed to fit on 3" roll paper.
Description   Stock

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Well, the available reports always seem to lack on particular aspect that I need, so I do a broad search to include anything that might be necessary, then use the "Export List" function.  It generates a .txt file that can be easily opened in Excel, then I edit it to what I want (just got done doing one, in fact).  It doesn't take as long as it might seem.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Re: A Report that would possibly ONLY show in stock inventory to print.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 06:47:38 AM »
Due to how busy it has been I have been unable to install the new version you sent me yet Ronald.  I will do it today.

If it has to fit on a 3" roll paper it might not work.  Our description has a specific reorder number that we need to put into the ordering B2B we get product from.  Sometimes with that number and an actual description it can be 6" long itself, which is why normally we print reports on 8.5" x 11" in landscape and even sometimes then things still get cut off we need.  It'd be great if it can be set up just like a standard generated report that can be printed landscape on a 8.5" x 11" and just show current stock by Category.  Just always thinking of ideas to help improve and what others may find useful.

rjsmeyer, I will have to try that although I am horrible at Excel.  I think I made a table 18 years ago in 10th grade.... maybe.  =/
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com