Author Topic: Lost Administrator Info!!!  (Read 6861 times)

Offline rjmeyer

• View Profile
Lost Administrator Info!!!
« on: June 23, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »
I find the "add employee" function to work in a somewhat unpredictable way each time I use it.  Usually it's fixable, though.

This time, I had added a new employee, but their info did not show up on the right (in the Employee window) when clicking on their name.  Mine did.

So I closed the program and went back in.  Mine name and hers both showed up correctly on the left, but, again, my info showed up when clicking on either her name or mine.  Everyone else's showed up correctly.

I didn't want to risk deleting my name, so I tried making a new entry for her, and was told (by the system) it was a duplicate.  I tried to edit her information, and could not change anything. 

So I finally just clicked on her name to delete it - only to have MINE get deleted and hers stay in there!!!  Now, suddenly all her info is correct!

However, since I was the only one with administrative privileges, I can no longer log in to ANY part of the system to change ANYTHING.

How do I fix this, and how do I keep it from happening again?

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Administrator Info!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 03:58:57 AM »
I emailed you a password that you can use to reset your account.  I haven't heard of this problem before.  Was there any other problems or errors leading up to this?

Offline rjmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 11:32:20 AM »
The last employee I added was just last month.  There was a little trouble getting him in, but it ended up working out after a little fiddling.  Sorry, I didn't think to track what went wrong.  I'm pretty sure he was the first one I added in v14, though, and I haven't had any others.

Could you send the email again?  I didn't seem to get it.  Thanks!

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:19:42 AM »
Yes, I did update from v13 to 14.

And could you please send that email again?  I sure apologize, but I just found out that email address isn't working (possible expired domain) - but the one I have currently in my profile is.  Sorry about the extra trouble.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:03:33 PM »
Again, I got an email from the forum addressed to bob@oceanbeachesglass.com, notifying me that my post had a response (timed at 12:50PM PDT).  But I have received no other email at that address (other than from my staff) since noon, and no others from Denver Research (other than the previous forum notification) all day (junk/spam folders have also been examined).  I have been getting emails at this address from other parties.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »
Okay, here's what happens once I get in.

I enter username of "Bob", PW, security level, and hit "save" - which causes "job" window to come up.  I choose the job, save, go back to main Employee window, and there's no "Bob".  Instead, "Vicki" shows up like that's the one I've been working on.

Since there's no "Bob", I hit "new" and try to enter "Bob" again.  The system tells me "this user name already exists", even though there's no Bob anywhere to be found.  I can't get out of the window - "ok" keeps giving me the same error message, "save" does the same thing, so I try "delete" to clear the apparently duplicate "Bob" data.

NOW, I have TWO Bobs and NO Vickis!  The only difference between the Bobs is that one's job status is "released", and the other is "any job".

I decided to stop before trying to get Vicki back in to see what to do next.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 04:27:49 AM »
I just sent you an email with directions and pictures to fix the employee records.  Sending it by email was much easier and faster.  We're also checking to see what caused the problem.